Eastleighwood Youth Forum works in Nairobi, Garissa, Wajir and Mandera counties in Kenya. it has satellite office in London and in Mogadishu but seeking to expand to other cities includingKisyamu and Gedo in southern Somalia. We build youth talents and save people’s lives. We struggle to instill professionalism to build talents and advocate marginalized groups rights. We assist them accomplish their prospective.
To become a Dynamic and Innovative Ideal Tool Advocating for Peace, Stability & Development in Africa and Beyond, Through Arts, Media, Social Networks and Interactive Programs/Forums.
Is to Substantially Contribute towards Facilitating the Social-Economic, Political and Cultural Development & Prosperity for the People of Africa, through Advocacy, Capacity-building and Wide stakeholder Partnership with Coordinated Resource Mobilization and Transformation.
Our core values shape the culture of communities anddefine the character of our organization. They guide our decision making, our interactions with communities and our relationships with each other. Our people adopt, own and apply our values in their work.Eastleighwood Youth Forumcore values are
- Accountability – We will perform in a manner, at all times, that makes us accountable, responsible, and answerable to communities, our leaders and other employees as well as external stakeholders
- Action-Oriented – We are very kin in our actions and focused to improve our weaknesses.
- Nurturing – We are encouraging and fostering people to make use of opportunities for development
- Virtuous – We are upright, honest and trustworthy in helping people
- Professionalism – We are devoted in instilling professional skills.
- Teamwork – We believe in co-ordination and commonality
- Transparency – We are devoted to clearness, decency and truthfulness
General objectives of the organization shall be as provided hereunder
- To ensure a protective and participatory environment with coordinated and effective humanitarian services particularly with regard to women and girls.
- Improvement of access to protection services including gender-based violence prevention and response for the target population
- To build and strengthen the capacity of community-based structures to respond to and prevent incidents of abuse of human rights among the vulnerable especially children, youth, women, the aged and disabled in the community.
- To empower local communities and social structures for the enhancement of peace and stability in the community.
- To inculcate the culture of constitutionalism and adherence to the rule of law and create a forum for all to participate in the decision-making and management of their day-to-day affairs.
- To enhance and provide equal opportunity for all in participating in community affairs and further enhance effective, efficient and transparent management of community resources.
- To reduce and control the incidences of female genital mutilation (FGM).