Nairobi’s Eastleigh area is an example of how urbanization is generating some of Africa’s more unexpected development pathways.
It is in many ways a grand jewel of a neighborhood that morphed into a transnational bazaar powered by acute business culture and people. It has uncountable formal and informal setups, ranging from wholesale shops, eateries and cafes, hotels, banks, forex bureaus etc. This coupled with its vicinity to the city center and affordability of goods and services has made Eistleigh the biggest renown shopping place in Kenya.
The eastleighwood youth forum through eastleigh exhibition in partnership with Eastleigh Business District Association (EBDA) and Standard media Group will be celebrating the milestones set by the business community and the various stakeholders, The standard Group will run a media project showcasing Eastleigh as Nairobi’s premier business hub. This projects will have the below themes or pillars:
- Eastleigh Cultural, the people and why doing business here is very attractive and successful.
- Infrastructure, accessibility and stakeholders support towards Eastleigh growth.
- The arts industry and sports industry as well as Youth empowerment programs.
- Business Environment and Security.
- Investment opportunities and the impending Challenges faced in the area.
This project will be anchored on a Documentary to be produced by Standard Group and aired on KTN NEWs on an agreed date and time. The campaign will though be on other media platforms that are, standard newspaper, Radio maisha and standard digital.